1.21.2008

getting there

Mom drops me off at the airport (terminal 2--jetblue).  I'm pumped and ready to go.  Walk about 30 paces to the front desk.  Man asks:  "where are you going?"  I reply:  "New York, JFK."  Man says:  "Flight has been cancelled."  I laugh.  Meet a girl there who is on the same flight.  We team up.  Take airport shuttle to terminal 1--united.  Have a hardcore struggle with my luggage.  Get really stressed and sweaty.  I keep trekking.  Go down a broken escalator.  One of my duffels slips from my grip.  It shoots down the escalator.  Before I could yell anything, it smacks a guy in the back of the legs, hard.  He's pissed.  I talk to the United people.  Can't get a flight to New York.  United women has a stick up her ass.  Get back on the airport shuttle to terminal 3--American.  Get a flight to New York but to the wrong airport.  10 minutes until boarding.  Fly through security, SPRINT to gate.  Dripping sweat.  Flight has been delayed.  Finally get to New York--LaGuardia.  Take a cab to JFK airport.  Meet Syracuse group.  Awkward as hell.  Fly to Frankfurt.  Layover for 7 hours.  Start to smell like a rotting pig.  Get to Florence.  Half the trip loses luggage, myself included.  Most people only lose 1 bag, I lose both.

No comments: