6.30.2008

Question of the Day

I was sittin' in the park today and got lost in my thoughts.  My favorite that I came up with is:

IF YOU BLEED IN SPACE, WILL YOUR BLOOD STAY BLUE BECAUSE THERE IS NO OXYGEN?

I asked some peeps my question.  Here are some of the answers that I received:

Chad:  Yes, and I think your oxygenated blood stays red

Tim:  Ask an astronaut who cuts himself to feel

Ali:  Good question--I believe it will stay blue

Laura:  Don't people explode in space?  Maybe they explode blue

Theo:  Hold on let me check...uh eh um, it's red.  I'm in the space ship and if I go outside I'm keeping my suit on.

Grif:  If you aren't married by the time you're 22 1/2 will you marry me?

Molly:  I'd say yes

Olga:  It's red before it leaves your body so it will still be red but it won't run or drip, it'll just float in space like a little red ball

Hank:  I don't think you would bleed.  More importantly, though, the color of your blood depends on the light so you really need to find out what the wavelength if of light in space at a given time of day, and correspond that to the electromagnetic spectrum.

Emily:  I'll ask my camper with asperger's...he's wicked smart

Grif (second time around):  If your skin is exposed in space, you've got bigger problems than bleeding

Katie:  Email NASA

No comments: