5.07.2008

I have been undecided about whether or not to continue this blog.  I started it essentially so that my friends and family could stay connected with me while I studied abroad for the semester.  Yet, I never really used this blog to write about my travels or other cultural experiences that I was having.  Instead, this blog became more of a general chronicle of things that interest me like art, music, and other random things.  Obviously, I decided to keep at it...why?

Struggling to overcome jet-lag, I woke up at 6:30 AM this morning.  The good thing about getting out of the house at an early hour is that you can beat the rush of people that are trying to do the same thing.  The bad thing about getting out early is that some stores don't open until 10:00, like Borders Books and Music, which is where I was headed.

It was raining this morning.  I stood outside under a viaduct and waited for Borders to open.  Waiting as well was a middle-aged woman with a terrible haircut who was wearing a corduroy-lined jacket and a completely A.D.D. man who made the lamest jokes in the world.  Seriously.  They were so awful that I felt bad if I didn't laugh.

Then I thought to myself, "these characters would make such a great blog entry."  This is what made me realize that the reason I was unsure of whether or not to continue blogging was because I didn't have any inspiration!  Italy was coming to an end, but a new adventure is beginning...hence, a new chapter to this blog.

P.S.  I was the first one in the store.  Woop.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So are you back in chicago? Hollah. I will be around post grad for a little over a month. care to summertime?